A development of the Model PL action, the Model PLM is of conventional, cylindrical forward locking turn bolt design, in either left or right handed configuration.
Developed from the PL action and using a modified 2 stage Barnard target trigger. In 338 Lapua Magnum only. Uses the Accuracy International 338 Lapua 5 shot Magazine.
The bolt carries three forward locking lugs, is equipped with a Sako style extractor and a bolt face plunger type ejector. It undergoes finish machining after hardening, and is hand lapped to its mating receiver.
The receiver is of 4340 chrome/moly/nickel steel through hardened to 38Rc and finish machined after surface hardening to ensure concentricity.
- No separate bottom metal is available.
- Action mounting screws are not in the standard Barnard Model P/PL configuration.
- The standard Barnard Target trigger has been modified to suit this action.
- A Remington type lug between receiver and barrel.
- Use of a recoil spigot from the action (1/4" X 28 cap screw with the head machined concentric) which fits into a steel bushed hole in a 6061 aluminum bedding block that has been machined to provide 2 parallel points of contact on the action.
Model PLM Details
|Receiver Length||215mm (8.464")|
|Receiver Diameter||37mm (1.456")|
|Bolt Diameter||24mm (0.944")|
|Loading Port Length||100mm (3.937")|
|PLM Action weight||1.308kg / 46.138oz (with trigger 1.410kg / 49.736oz)|
|Bolt Face Details||.534 Magnum / 338 Lapua Mag|
|Striker Tip Diameter||1.6mm (0.062")|
|Barrel Thread||1 1/8"UNF X 16TPI|
|Rail Mounting||Drilled And Taped (M4) for our full Length Scope Rail|
|Action Mounting||1/4 UNF Cap Screw|
|Finish||Blue/ Black Standard|