The Barnard we've all
been waiting for.
Whidden Gunworks is pleased to announce the new long awaited Barnard SMS action. Make no mistake the SMS is not just another Remington 700 clone. Quality, durability and ease of operation has not been spared on this new action, with its staple three lug design the lift of the bolt handle is shorter and quicker than its top competitors. Additionally, the trigger timing has no equal resulting in smooth glass like operation which has always been the hall mark of the Barnard design.
|Model SMS Details|
|Receiver Length||7.75" (196.85mm)|
|Receiver Diameter||1.359" (34.5mm)|
|Bolt Diameter||0.787" (20mm)|
|Bolt Face||.308 (.223 Coming Soon)|
|Bolt Stop||"Push" side lever|
|Striker Tip Diameter||0.062" (1.6mm|
|Action Mounting||1/4 UNF Cap Screws at Remington Spacing|
|Action Weight||34.00 oz|
|Loading Port Length||2.87" (73mm)|
|Sight Mounting||Drilled & Tapped (M4) for Most Sights e.g. Redfield, Warner|
|Rail Mounting||Drilled & tapped (M4) for our full length scope rails.|
|Barrel Thread||1 1/16" UNF X 16TPI|
|Finish||Blue/Black as standard|
- Compatible with Remington Triggers
- Can be used with AICS & HS Precision magazine systems.
- Picatinny rail compatible.
- Fast and easy bolt take down.
- Made with 4340 Chrome/Moly/Nickel
- Hardened to 38Rc and finish machined after surface hardening to ensure concentricity.
- Bolt lugs hand lapped to the matted receiver.